Submission Terms and Guidelines
Terms of Submission and Guidelines of the Cantufind Directory
To use the Cantufind Directory, you accept you are to enter a binding agreement must be legally compitent to do so.
Sites that will not be accepted under any circumstance:
- Any site that contain any pornographic material, this includes but is not limited to offering direct or indirect access via links.
- Any site that contains racist material, or other materials likely to incite or cause offence to the general public.
- Any Site that contains use of abusive language in any context other than in educational format or semantic configuration.
- Any site that contains illegal software or Warez, including but not limited to peer to peer software sites unless lawful.
- Any site that contains information relating to hacking, phreaking, Spamming, solicitation or any other form of illegal activity.
- Any site that offers access to any of the above content.
- Any site that submitting solely for the purpose to gain misleading popularity; Page Rank Inflation. nb: We do cross reference!
Other submissions we will not consider:
- Personal websites or blog sites that are likely to be a temporary site, or is of what is deemed as inferior quality.
- Sites with a sub-page. For example www.anysite.com/subpage.html unless it has significant differences from the home page.
- Sites with a load of totally irrelevant links pages or simply made as a platform for affiliate marketing.
- Sites registered with the sole purpose of infringing on another legitmate trading name by domain name manipulation
- Sites found to be submitted by automated means, We have measures in place to identify if this happens.
- Sites found to be using hidden doorway pages and the like, again we have measures in place to identify this.
Other guidelines to consider:
Search engine marketing companies should advise us if they are submitting a clients site. This is not compulsory however we do operate an 'Award system' where consistant quality submissions from a particular company get recognised as contributing to the overall quality of internet searching.
Free Listing for Organisations and Charities:
We are pleased to offer free listing for all government organisations and charities wishing to promote services seen to be beneficial to society in general. Examples of these may be local government websites, health organisations, education resources. Please note that Charities wishing to be listed will need to provide checkable identification and be officially registered.
Government sites eligible for free listing do not include politician blogs or sites promoting particular party politics unless they are endorsed by the their relevant Governing body.
Link and Description of submissions is soley at the editors discretion, and their decision is usually final. By submitting you accept that the designated editor responsible for your link/s may feel your site is better suited in a different category to which you originally submitted. You may also be placed in more than one category at no extra cost to yourself should the editor feel this beneficial to the directory. The editor may also feel the need to alter/amend your description to fall in line with our 'Better English' policy.
In the event that a link is significantly changed you can appeal against this by using the appropriate contact form to be found on the directory.
You are paying for a 'review' of your submitted site for possible inclusion and any submission fee is non refundable.
We strive to obtain the very highest of standards and may refuse your submission without giving reason; however, if this does happen to you there is a contact form throughout the site where you can request an explanation. We will be happy to advise you of any and also to help you rectify any problems that might have caused rejection. The Senior Editors decision is final.
Report a Site:
If you find a site that you feel is unsuitable for our Family Safe Search directory then please don't hesitate to contact us at support (at) cantufind.com informing us of the offending link and url within the directory.
Copyright The Cantufind Network © 2000 - 2012 (All Rights Reserved) Replication of this content is strictly prohibited